Monday, May 14, 2012

What can you make out of LLEY?



VALLEY, O'MALLEY, DILLEY, DALLEY, GALLEY
Whoo fun! I can make this say whatever I want. Add some letters, rearrange em, cut one out. Ooh, ooh—more letters down there on that truck bed. Ah, the possibilities.


I snapped this as the light turned green and I was supposed to be turning left. But I hurried. Quick. Before the car behind me even thought about being irked. 

Yes, I am a zealous photographer of random, intriguing stuff.
And how interesting that I spotted this on my way to my Primer group at LDStorymakers Writer's Conference where we brainstormed the rearranging, adding in, poofing away of letters in our stories, putting us on our way to building better books! 

I loved our group! We became great friends, and Amber Argyle was a spectacular mentor! She was so excited and positive about our books and gave us incredible help. If you ever get a chance to work with Amber, RUN to sign up as if your life depends on it—because it does!


POSITIVELY PHANTASTIC PRIMERS!


So I'm going to pile some nifty words, some plot twists, some character quirks on the back of my story truck and I'm off on a marvelous ride! Have you ever jumped on the back of a boot camp or primer truck? How was your ride?


10 comments:

David P. King said...

What an awesome group. I remember sharing a bootcamp table with Amber before she got famous. :)

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Sounds like a great conference and a great group.

As for words: How about . . . . volley? alley?

Leslie said...

That does look like a great group! And I love your funny photos!

Deana said...

I did the primer groups too! I was in Elana's group. It's amazing what six hours of going over writing stuff can do:)

Ruth Josse said...

I have NOT ridden on the back of a boot camp or primer truck. Would I survive? Looks like you did!

Leslie said...

I'd love to learn more about you and your awesomeness so I nominated you for a stylish blogger award!

Elana Johnson said...

I was going to say that I'd seen that picture, but didn't know where. Now I know!

Anonymous said...

How about Trolley or Pulley? ;)


I'm looking for some ninja writers to interview for my Ninja spotlight series. If you're interested, go to http://kelworthfiles.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/im-looking-for-a-few-good-ninjas/ to find out more!

Kimberly Krey said...

Sounds like fun! Reading this makes me miss you all the more. It has been way too long! Hope to see you soon, my dear. :)

Peggy Eddleman said...

I miss you, Brenda!